Posted on Leave a comment

Fancy Dress Safety

After recent Press reports about potentially flammable Fancy Dress costumes, Littlehampton Bonfire Society is advising spectators to wear suitable non-flammable clothing to the event.

In 2014 Television presenter Claudia Winkleman’s daughter was burned when her Halloween fancy dress costume accidentally caught fire.

Since then, demonstrations by fire services across the country have shown just how quickly some fancy dress costumes can catch fire.

Please be aware of lit torches passing you and the risk of fire from flying embers and keep away from discarded torches.

Leave a Reply